Friday, January 11, 2008

Covering The Bases


Just a little business related post as I'm sitting here listening to the Blues take on Columbus. Go Blues! What? You think TGOG is all 19th century baseball all the time? As I'm fond of saying, there are two seasons: baseball season and non-baseball season. Luckily for me, they play hockey during non-baseball season (and someone was very good last year and got a nice pair of center ice tickets to next Saturday's game for Christmas). Also, as I listen to the game on the radio and type this up, you may be interested to know that I'm sampling some of Schlafly Brewery's finest. It's a nice extra special bitter winter ale and it's going down well.

As to business:

  • You may have noticed a Google search bar to the right. I've played with a couple of different search bars since I started TGOG and was never happy with any of them. I went back to the Google search bar, fiddled with the code until it fit nicely in the side column, and am reasonably happy with the result. Try it out. You should be able to search for anything on this site and get solid results. If anybody has problems with it, let me know.

  • I'm thinking about messing with the template for no other reason than I'm bored with the red/grey color scheme. So if I get serious about it and start changing things, don't freak out. This is still a young site and I've been trying different things since I started with it. Maybe one day I'll be satisfied (although I doubt it). Any thoughts or input on how to improve the layout of the site would be welcomed and appreciated.

  • Traffic on TGOG has been great and has done nothing but grow since the beginning. I want to take this opportunity to thank everybody who has visited. It's truly amazing. When I started this, I never really expected anybody to pay attention. I figured that I'd just use the site as a place to put all the stuff I was working on and no big deal. But to my amazement, I built it and people came. I really want to thank all the regulars-the folks who subscribe to my feed, who come back time and time again, who post comments. You guys are awesome. The best part of working on this blog is the chance to get to talk to all of you. The emails that I've received have been fantastic. I really can't thank everybody enough for all the kind words and the information that they've shared. Really, you guys are the best.

  • Things have been kind of crazy on my end since the Holidays. Work has been nuts. I've been putting in crazy hours and literally haven't had a day off since Christmas. But things are getting back to normal and I'm actually taking the weekend off, so I'm going to put a lot of work in this weekend on TGOG. Lots of plans, lots of projects. It should be fun. Then again, the best laid plans of mice and men...

  • Anything else? I don't think so but I really do recommend this extra special bitter winter ale from Schlafly.

No comments: