Sunday, February 17, 2008

Life In St. Louis: The Matthews Family Exhibit 1851-1933

I wanted to take a minute to mention a great website called Life In St. Louis: The Matthews Family Exhibit 1851-1933. While I've mentioned the site before in passing or as a source, I really want to give it a nice plug. The website is part of the Western Historical Manuscript Collection/University of Missouri-St. Louis website and combines material from archival collections, books, newspapers, and magazines to present the history of one St. Louis family. I've been using it as a source for information about members of the Cyclone Club as well as a general source for information about life in 19th century St. Louis.

I recently got an email from Patricia Boykin, Leonard Matthews' great granddaughter, who has done some work on the site. We were exchanging emails and I was gushing about how fantastic the website was before I even knew she had done any work on it.

I really just want to take this opportunity to thank Patricia and everyone involved with Life In St. Louis for the wonderful work they've done. They've created an extraordianry online source for 19th century historians everywhere.

No comments: