Sunday, September 7, 2008

Hey Look, It's A Picture Of Patsy Tebeau


Are you guys as tired of these portraits from The Sporting News as I am? At one point, I was all excited about these things but I'm pretty much over it. Still, they have their uses when it's six in the morning and you haven't slept in two days and have been out all night. I lead a seriously interesting life. My evening/night/morning was much more interesting than this post could ever hope to be.

Anyway, there are a couple of interesting tidbits from the TSN blurb that accompanied the Tebeau portrait. It said that his first professional team was "the Jacksonville, Illinois, Club in 1885" and that he also played for "the St. Joseph Club of the Western League" in 1886. In 1887, Tebeau was with Denver before he was sold to the Chicago White Stockings.

And since I've been pretty much off-topic all week, I seriously recommend Aimee Mann's new cd, Smilers. I honestly think it's her best work yet. You should check it out. And I promise to pull it together here and get refocused on whatever it is I'm trying to do with this blog. Seriously, I should just start a new blog where I can write about music and drinking and women and politics. It would probably be a much more interesting read.

No comments: