Thursday, January 1, 2009

Is It 2009 Already?

Happy New Year...let's get to the music.


Dinosaur Jr-Freak Scene (One of my favorites bands)




The Breeders-Happiness Is A Warm Gun (The best Beatles cover ever; sadly I couldn't find a version with Tanya Donelly on it)



Frank Black-Headache (If I'm going to post the Breeders, I have to post some Black Francis or there'll be problems)



The Martinis-You Are The One (I guess I can't leave out Joey Santiago and his Mrs.; let's say it together: Rock me, Joey)



Throwing Muses-Not Too Soon (My Tanya Donelly obsession knows no bounds)



The Stone Roses-I Am The Resurrection (a killer ten minute live version from Blackpool 1989)




And just in case you don't know what I'm looking forward to this year, here it is (I've been trying to live right, eat well, exercise, drive defensively, cut out some bad habits, etc. because I refuse to die before I get to see the final ten episodes of the greatest television show ever):

1 comment:

Mike S said...

to those who came looking for info on 19th Century Baseball - there is plenty in the links on the side of the website. Instead of b!tching why not take some time to peruse those links to see what they reveal. Some great stuff.

I am disappointed though - i thought the all time best Beatles covers were either William Shatner singing Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds, or Bing Crosby signing Hey Jude...