Friday, May 13, 2011

Blogger's Been Down

Blogger's went down yesterday at about 2:30 and it ate the post that was supposed to go up this morning. I was finished with the thing and was going to attach a couple of pictures when the thing went all wonky. We'll return tomorrow with our regular scheduled programing.

Thank you, Google.

Edit (7:45 PM): I just exported my blog to an external hard drive and copied that file to Dropbox so all my stuff, through today's post, is safely backed up. Should do that more often and, after seeing what has happened to some other folks who use Blogger, I plan on doing it on a regular basis.


6 comments:

the d zone said...

I heard the posts are stuff are supposed to eventually be back up but idk...

Jeffrey Kittel said...

Thanks for the comment; it made me recheck my post queue and my lost post is back. So it looks like, as far as my end is concerned, everything is back to normal. I've survived the Great Blogger Crash with nary a scratch. I hope everybody is as lucky.

the d zone said...

I just noticed all my posts that were lost are back to how they were before they restarted it.

Jeffrey Kittel said...

That's good news. I know that some people are still having problems and at least one very large blog that I follow is still completely down.

the d zone said...

Well actually as soon as I posted this I noticed 3 of my posts are still down but their drafts are still there.

This is messed, I hope they restore it. The whole blog is shutdown though?

Jeffrey Kittel said...

Yeah, Ann Althouse's political/legal blog is just gone and she's posting on a backup blog. She's been talking about it on Twitter and Facebook. It's a big, big blog and they just might need more time to get it restored. Hopefully, she doesn't lose everything.

It is a mess.