Saturday, December 8, 2012

Empire Club Officers For 1863

The Empire City Base Ball Club held a meeting Monday evening and elected the following officers for the ensuing year:

President, L.P. Fuller; Vice-President, Jno. F. Walton; Secretary, Jno. W. Williams; Treasurer, Henry Barklage; Captains, James Rule and Jno. F. Barrett; Directors, Daniel Coyle, C. Mosier and J.T. Murphy.

A grand game is to be played by the Club on Gamble Lawn on the 16th inst., the occasion being the anniversary of the organization of the Club - playing to commence at 2 P.M.
-Missouri Republican, April 9, 1863


A couple of weeks ago, I gave you the Empire Club officers for 1861 and now we have the officers for 1863.  Still haven't found the officers for 1862.  Of interest only to me is that one of the club directors was a Mosier.  My maternal grandmother was a Mosier and I like the idea that one of my ancestors could have been a member of the Empire Club.   

No comments: