Thursday, January 17, 2013

I Thought Dunlap Was An Orphan

Dunlap was visiting his mother in Philadelphia while the St. Louis Unions were being drubbed by the Bostons.  The weather is generally frigid for the St. Louis boys when Fred is not with them.
-St. Louis Globe-Democrat, September 24, 1884


I'm pretty sure Dunlap's parents were both dead in 1884.  In fact, without checking my notes, I believe both his parents were dead by the time Dunlap was twelve years old.  So either the biographical information we have about Dunlap is wrong or he was just making up an excuse to take some time off.   

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What's up every one, here every person is sharing these kinds of experience, so it's nice to read this
blog, and I used to visit this webpage all the time.
Visit my weblog huntsville